Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thanks 501!

As the newest blogger to 501 Huguenot, I just want to extend a great thank you to the boys for allowing me to partake in this exciting endeavor. While you won't find any letters addressed to me in the 501 mailbox, I like to consider myself the fifth Amigo....after all, I appear in several photos on the fridge, I assign myself weekly chores around the apartment (though I've yet to complete one) and there is a permanent likeness of my ass in the two couches.....heck I may have even left a few personal wrappers behind every now and again!

On a more serious note, I consider the four gentlemen who reside in 501 Huguenot to be the four best friends any guy could ask for....we have all seen each other in the best and worst of times, we have argued ad naseum over who indeed cooked and dined on the infamous "the dirty water dog," who's pitching staff is superior, Sawx or Yanks, which sport is better, NBA or NHL, who's actually older, Matty G or the city of New Rochelle, we've witnessed each other proclaim "street signs" when the category in Kings was in fact "types of street signs," we've painted our chests and had the Mulcahy crowd in a frenzy, we've tried to walk across a frozen pond in the dead of winter and dove in the Atlantic Ocean on Superbowl Sunday, we've competed in everything from rugby to bowling to darts to beer pong, we've lived and died together watching the G-Mennnnn, the Gaels and the Fighting Irish, when asked what the two funniest things in life are, we would all reply "farting and falling," we've conquered Gin Buckets and NBA Street; bacon, egg and cheeses and Monica's finest meatballs, Strong Island, CT and upstate NY, Billy Deans, Ricks and some hole in the wall in North Carolina, Celtic Crossing, Spectators and Beechmont.....we all have our various likes and dislikes, our personalities are as similar as they are different, sometimes we rout for the same teams, other times we can't sit in the same room to watch a game and yet I hope 50 years down the road, when we are telling our grandchildren spectacular tales of C-Henny, Steve Burtt and the man they call "Rules," we still put our fingers to our noses when the door bell rings.

Thanks again fellas, it's an honor to be part of the 501 crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment