Monday, April 20, 2009

Alumni Game


On Saturday the boys of 501 had our annual alumni rugby game.

Unfortunately this year the numbers were a little low for the alumni side, but we made due.

I cannot begin to tell you how out of shape I am! There is a huge difference from running a mile or two everyday to the running in rugby. Sprint, stop, sprint, jog, scrum, ruck, tackle, sprint, stop, sprint, sprint, sprint, stop, lift....the agony went on and on for a whole game!

It took a little while to get back into the swing of things, I always felt a step or two behind, but at the end of the day, I still scored! Got a nice little pop pass, attempted a dodge, settled for a stiff arm instead then took it down for a try. All made possible by Brendan!

So now let me take you to the next morning when I woke up...complete fucking agony! What was I thinking? My body isn't made for that shit any more, I can't be running around, getting tackled, diving! I still feel like I was beaten to death with a sock full of quarters!

Do I regret it?...Not one bit, can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

  1. Had a blast man, congrats on the try!

    Greatest line from that day..."If 6 former players, one of which is Ill Bill!!!, are on the sidelines in street clothes, can this really be consider an alumni game?"

    ReplyDelete