Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowed In


If most of you are like me then you were giddy as all hell when you found out that the Metro area was going to be hit with a monster winter wonderland storm. If most of you were like me then you pissed off when you went to bed last night and still you saw none of that white shit falling from the sky. But as you awoke the next morning your eyes widened and your jaw dropped just as it did when you used to walk down the stairs on Christmas morning staring at a bunch of presents under the tree when you saw that your whole world was a bright white!

One of the perks of working in higher education is that you can still benefit from SNOW DAYS! That's right I'm 25 years old and I don't have work today due to inclement weather! Jealous? I bet you are sucka!

Now I don't get as excited as Jason does but I'm pretty stoked that I can just lounge around the couch, playing video games, eating gigantic bowls of cereal and watch 5 movies if I want.

The only thing that sucks about a snow day at 25 is...the inability to pound beers. Remember during the years of 18-21 when you were in your dorm or apartment and classes were canceled? Do you remember what you and friends suggested, planned, and executed? It was one of the most exciting days of the winter season, just sitting around doing exactly what I stated above only add in the catalyst of BudLight! I can see Mikey5 right now anxiously checking the school website and calling the school's number just waiting to read or listen to, "Today, February 10th 2010 all Day and Evening classes have been canceled and all administrative offices are closed." Well when he heard that he went nuts, waking all of us up jumping up and down, powering up the XBOX, setting up the pong table, grabbing what money we had together to run to CTown and pick up a 36!

Ahh the good old days...Well for all of you that can still enjoy a snow day, go crazy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment