Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Lighter Side



Going with Jay's thoughts on the Olympics, which I have to agree with, I feel its necessary for post 201 to be a little bit brighter. I'll try and give the positives of the 2010 Olympics from back yard of our neighbor from the north.


First off we (USA) are leading in overall medal count, which for Brendan is a terrible stat. Brendan unlike my self bet against his mother land and picked any other country in the world. Shame on him, I guess the little guy thought Ireland would run away with it in Vancouver.


Both US hockey teams are doing quite well, both the women and men have made it past pool play and are now in the elimination rounds, best of luck to them both. Lindsey "I can break my shin and still win" Vonn won gold in the women's downhill, while her counterpart Bodie "I could care less" Miller took home a bronze.


No one from the US has died...still a plus.


Shaun White raked up another 50 medals in the "so called" sport of half-pipe. I really don't see why snow board halfpipe has to be an Olympic sport. Well, I guess I do, it appeals to the younger generation, and since White nets 10million+ a year theres probably a boat load of money it. Tell that to Jay's boy Schuster who's a bartender.


Now onto probably the best positive of them all...


The ladies of 2010! This would most likely be a better category for Mikey5 if he ever gets out of a that coma he suffered in the spring. I'll name a few, but please by all means comment back if you've noticed any other skibunnies up there in Vancouver.


Denmark's Madeline Dupont

USA's Lindsey Vonn, Tanith Belbin, Allsion Baver, Allison Pottinger, Natalie Darwitz, Gretchen Bleiler,



Finland's Kiira Korpi

Belgium's Isabelle Pieman



Korea's Kim Yu-Na


Australia's Claudia Toth

Thats just few that I could think of...

No comments:

Post a Comment