Friday, January 29, 2010

The Dive


After work today I will be traveling down to my hometown of Deer Park which is located on the once great now dreadful Long Island. I don't want to sound to mean saying its dreadful, but once you leave the ole chicken cutlet you don't seem to ever want to go back. Nothing like paying a toll to leave and come back!


Anyways I'll be traveling back home tonight because I have my buddies bachelor party in Atlantic City. Yes, AC, you guys remember when the 501 boys met up with the cromagnum men just last July to celebrate MattyG's departure from manhood. Along with going to AC I also have be fitted for my tuxedo which I will most likely hate wearing.


Why would I hate wearing one you ask? Well that's a great question, lots of people in my social ring ask me that same very question! Its because of Prom, you see, you first wear that black and white man dress for the big prom. It's supposed to be the biggest night of your high school social career, everyone is going to go, all the dresses the girls spend months shopping for, just for one night. One night filled with a crappy comedy club, not enough booze, and none of the wild sex hotel romps that you watch in a movie.
Remember when you honestly thought that this was it, or this was going to be one of the last great nights! Even I bought into all that, I loved high school! I was a public school kid with all of my friends in the same school, played lax and hockey, drank beers on Friday nights, homecoming king, the list goes on and on with that so called popular jock lifestyle that the trench coat mafia kids couldn't stand. But even I knew that this day was overly hyped!


Since I went to 5 proms, you can see why I can't stand being in a wedding, yet alone agree with the arrangement of marriage. That's why when I do take the plunge, I'll probably do one of those relaxed weddings; destination on the beach on some island then get smacked off rum and cokes, or in a regular suit, maybe after work one Friday so no one has to waste time getting ready.


Mikey5 can better explain our combined points on the arrangement of marriage and everything that goes into delusional act. My ramblings go more with these old time traditions in a new more tech savvy era. If we are coming up with new technology, ways of life, working environments etc., then why are we still conforming to the old traditions of white dress, church, tux, bridesmaids, groomsmen, ring boy and flower girl, yada yada yada. Please! How about me on my couch and you all streamed in via satellite, or all of my family and guests at the church and me via satellite from the reception with a glass of scotch saying all the "I do's".
The prom too is to old fashion, best time of your life my ass, do you even know what college is, or living in an apt with 5 of your closest college buddies! People didn't college back then so that's why they hyped the shit out of prom.

This might be an off topic post, maybe cause I can't stand weddings, or maybe because Valentines Day is approaching and you all remember my post from last year, maybe its a thought of a "New Light, New Life" or shit maybe because I'm already 25.
Let me know what you think and post a comment.

1 comment:

  1. WELL DONE MATTHEW!!! YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD!

    ReplyDelete