Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thomper!


It's the end of an era, Matty T aka Thomper aka Thompa Dude aka Southie's Finest is leaving New Ro to embark on new adventures down south.

Let me tell you first hand its a sad day around here, we're losing a legend. In and out of two decades Thompa has bled Maroon and Gold in one way or another.

All I can do now is savor all the memories this walking God has given me. Thankfully he will still hold his title in the BDC as President Emeritus forever. A title like that does not change with location, it lasts a life time!

Seems like only yesterday this modern marvel taught me the lessons that I need to proceed with life. From how to play ping-pong to get someone to ask for balls on their face to the technique of driving a bit to intoxicated to finally be a friend!

It's cause of him that I can name the Bruin greats, or the number of Celtic championships even the starting 9 for the Sawx!

He's given us: slight Southie accents, barstoolsports.com, Boston Irish, Cam Neely highlights, Silence of the Lambs quotes, stick shift lessons, rides home, shoulders to cry on when you end it with your girl, Jameson breath and McHangover!

Please share your favorite Thompsonism or story with us in a new post or comment.

I refuse to officially end this post because the man the myth the legend isn't gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment