Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A-Rod

I know its been a couple of days since the A-Rod story broke, but I needed some time to gather some thoughts on this subject. I feel like there are so many issues with just this instance. What I am about to write are my thoughts and feelings on this issue, I have no affiliation with MLB, A-Rod, the New York Yankees or any other topic that might be expressed. Try to bare with me and my rambled thoughts.

First, why did MLB give these players who tested positive arbitration in 2003? Who were the other 100+ plus players? Is A-Rod the only high profile name on the list? If this was supposed to be kept quiet then why did Sports Illustrated leak this, or even print it? Since when does cheating have acceptable guidelines? This just feels like a slap in the face to Pete Rose and the members of the "Black" Sox? They were caught cheating and were punished to the fullest degree.

Are we just supposed to accept that a majority of MLB players take steroids and are just going with the flow? Is this the only way these players can keep them selves ahead of the curve and in the game? Is it all about the money, and how to keep "providing" for your family? Because my father kept food on the table with a lot less than 10 million dollars a year!

You know, I really wasn't this angry when I started writing, I guess it affects me more than I thought it would.

Is MLB telling us that they knew all about this, that they actually knew for certain that people used and let them continue to play. Where does the trickle down affect start and stop? If MLB knew does that mean the MLBPA knew, did Bud Selig know, did the owners know, did the front office of each team know, did the managers know, for Christ sake did the ball boys know?

I love this game more than a lot of other things, how can you take the purity out of this game? Your supposed to play for the love of it, for the passion.... for the integrity.

1 comment:

  1. Matt,

    I have been reading your blog since the first day you wrote and i have to say this was your best post yet. your passion for this subject is real and your love of the game is real. i just hope MLB can see people like yourself and do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete