Sunday, November 14, 2010

ICRFC


Today the Iona College Rugby Team was eliminated from the DII Rugby Championships after one of the best seasons in team's history.

I was lucky enough to be part of the last Met Union Championship squad, and even more blessed to have coached ICRFC last year in the there 2009-10 campaign. With that being said its fair enough to feel emotionally attached to the this year's team too. Every Sunday night I send my texts to this year's Asst. Coach Pat Fiffe, team Moderator Tyler Cardinal and ICRFC's Administrator Antonio Lytle for the latest results in that day's test.

Its been hard enough to leave my family, friends, job, city, and home but even harder to leave my boys. I'm so proud of them this year, I know how much they fought.

To the Seniors, brush today's loss off and concentrate on all the other memories of success and bask in the brother hood that is ICRFC. You will have each other forever, the way I have my brothers. No matter how much time passes or how many miles come between you all, you'll always have the memories from the pitch in your hearts.

Lets grow as an organization, keep the alumni games, newsletters and get togethers frequent. Its important to keep in touch and keep the underclassmen involved. We need to take care of our own through fundraisers, donations, internships, job placements and of course drink-ups. '

Join me in applauding this year's team in their success! Can't wait to lay a "woof-woof" on someone of you in the spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment