Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hello...Jobs Are You Out There??



Well, as of last night I have completed all my credits towards my MBA in Finance and now I'm ready to get out there and find my next career path, only one problem, where is it?

We've been told by FED that the recession is over because the country has had two consecutive periods of a positive GDP growth. OK then tell that to the kid graduating college or the local small business owner or even the primary food shopper in your home and they'll paint you a very different story.

What am I to expect now that I have this glorious degree? Should I expect phone calls or the heads of fortune 500 companies beating down my door for my services or mind? Should I expect 70-100K salaries or illustrious bonuses? Or should I expect an entry level position because now an MBA, or any other post graduate work has deflated to bachelors degree and where that has now become a high school diploma. It seems that everyone has one of those, and now with the economy and the country in tough economic times people are going back to school. So these recent graduates aren't even looking for a job rather staying home with Mom and Dad and jumping right into graduate school. All that's happening now is the creation of a supersaturated educated pool of unemployed youth.

We've been told that the current unemployment rate is a little over 10% which is a complete farce. In all actuality its probably around 16%, now mind you that a healthy unemployment rate is never zero, it's actually around 4%. To label someone unemployed means that they are out of work but actively seeking employment, so the person sitting on the couch collecting welfare not doing anything to actually go out there a get a job, or the poor farmer who cannot sell any of his crops therefore is earning a deficit, and they are not considered in the formula to create the percentage. So they can only count for the people that have been out of work and then employment else where, so that's your 10%!

This country needs something, and needs something fast, and a $600 stimulus check from Uncle SAM is not the answer. Instead of sending each tax payer a check where either they saved it or paid off their CREDIT CARD debt, they should just suspend TAXES for three to six months. That would entice consumer spending, or shit I don't know stop IMPORTING EVERYTHING!

These are just some of my own thoughts as I try and hit the job market, thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment